Accumulating miles and points are the benefits of using your credit card frequently. With so many credit card companies offering a number of perks and advantages, choosing the right credit card so you can pile up mileages and points are the factors that are seriously weighed by frequent flyers or travelers who want to enjoy a free flight or a vacation. Here are the top five credit cards that offer a lot of perks to travelers.
- United MileagePlus® Explorer Card. Aside from earing double miles when purchasing a United ticket, you earn one mile per dollar when you use it for other purposes. Take advantage of receiving a reward bonus when you add an authorized user. You also get 30,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months upon signing up.
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card. Ideal for international travelers, you earn 3 Avios on every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios per dollar when you use it for anything else. It features a high signup bonus and no foreign transaction fees are charged.
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card. This card is great for travelers on a budget. You get extra points for using it not only for ticket purchases but for your hotel bookings and car rentals through one of Southwest’s partners, as well.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. You an accumulate two miles for every dollar you spend on your ticket purchases, restaurants and most bars, and a point for other purchases. You also get an extra 5,000 points for adding an authorized user.
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus. You earn two miles for every dollar spent for all your purchases. You also get sign-up bonus of $440 with no annual fee charged for the first year. Some of it perks include a complimentary membership to TripIt Pro, no foreign transaction fees, and a 40,000 miles bonus when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days upon signing up.
The joy of being able to travel for free or for a minimum amount is one of the reasons why people use their credit cards frequently. Choose wisely so you can accumulate more points for your next vacation.